Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Truth

My Truth

Sometimes I can’t tell if I’m only a dream,
I think to myself that my life sure does seem
Like a fairytale story, a make believe rhyme
That I only wrote about once upon a strange time.

I am sure though that my heart knows I’m real,
It’s my mind that plays tricks with the way that I feel,
And my body’s perplexed from this vivid divide
And it’s caught in betwixt which realm I should side.

I know I’ve influence o’er this world and of space
But it seems like my presence isn’t quite in its place,
So how can I know where I am when a rift
Roams through my psyche listlessly adrift?

Can I find myself in these strange, endless mazes
Of associations, addictions, and emotional hazes,
How can I be who I truly am when I’m lost
In a turbulent sea so continually tossed.

For now though I am what I am and I’ll keep
An eye out for those things which I truly seek,
Though often aloof I’ll scarcely e’er cease
To search for my truth and to find my fair peace.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment