Monday, January 10, 2011

Richard G. Scott Art Exhibit





Campfire at Sunset. Painting by Richard G. Scott

The lone figure standing near the fire portraits a grand sense of solemnity as the passionate radiance of the sun descends below the wild country horizon. The vivid orange color dominating the scene makes it look as if even the sparse forest hills are on fire. There seems to be a light fog riding in as the rays of the sun fade away. The barren, uneven earth before the man shows the intensity of the sheer wilderness he is placed in and his mere presence there in that grand wilderness only typifies the greatness of the human soul in overcoming and conquering the grand, fiery world around us. Truly inspiring is this painting in its depiction of a rare but very real moment in what I believe are times in all of our lives, where the sun is setting but still we are there and we are the only ones to witness the beauty before it is gone. Very humbling I would say in this moment and truly awe inspiring.      





Before The World Was, I Am. Paintings By Richard G. Scott

“Before the world was, I Am,” is remarkably beautiful to me. It depicts the artist, Richard G. Scott’s interpretation of matter unorganized. The billowy clouds of darkness wholly surrounding symbolizes in my mind the vast uncertainty of existence, of our very being. Where is my place? Where is my grace? Who am I and where do I go from where I am? It’s almost as if the pink cloud breaking forth through the shrouding darkness is a mirror of our very own selves searching for the most profound symbol I believe to be depicted within this work of incredibly beautiful art, the simple, yet deeply intricate pinprick of light in the distance. Probably in a literal interpretation of this work it was meant to be a star in the infinite cosmos of the universe but to me it represents hope, the light that exists within ourselves when we are completely surrounded by clouds of darkness. I say that this painting embodies everything that we are as human beings, our innermost passions and desires, our weaknesses and external demons that loom and persist, and lastly, that shinning bit of hope that we yearn for in those moments of true despair, keeping us always pressing forward toward a new light, a new state of understanding and to a place of goodness and peace where we can find refuge from the looming darkness. Before the world was, I Am, and through all states of being I shall always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment