Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Will Write

  I Will Write

A man approached me at a time
When I was low and life was grim,
He asked if I for him would write,
I said, “I’m sorry sir, my words are dim.”

He said, “That’s fine but would you try
For me to write just one poem?”
Surprised I looked him in the eye
And said, “Fancy words, I’m sorry sir, I simply just don’t know em’.”

He said, “Alright, well, I’ll let you be,”
Then I continued through my night,
After a moment though still he
Asked if I for him would write.

I said again, “Sir, I’ve feeble speech,
I’m full of flaws and I’ve no ink,
There are others with more learned techniques
My tongue’s too dumb, I’m cursed I think.”

He asked again though if I would write,
But this time he used a speech so fine,
He said, “I’ll cause your words to be so bright,
More so than the stars that shine.

And in your night which was mine too,
You’ll see your cup of ink is full,
For I’m who you’ve been praying to,
And your words with me are remarkable.

All I ask of you is this,
That you scribe the words given from me,
You can’t see yet how you’ll be blest,
But I know you wish to be set free.

I testify that they’re in the sky,
They’re in the Earth my Eternal Word
I’ve blest you through your dreary night
So you can hear what yearns to be heard.

Scribe for me this day and be
Set apart from others who
Dabble in decaying creeds
And write for me what you know is true.”

“Forgive me Lord, of course I will!”
I heard and then broke down and cried,
“I will and see these words distill
And for thee My God, forever I will write.”

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment